Keeping a Healthy Non-toxic Home
Our informal presentations are really taking off! Thank you to everyone who has taken the time to come and sit in at any of our most recent events. As part of our mandate for presenting topics for community awareness, we had a super presentation by Marion Ellis on November 5. Marion did a great deal of research about toxic substances found in common cleaning products that many of us can find right now under our kitchen sinks or amongst our cleaning supplies.
Not surprisingly, toxins found in our most common household cleaners can contribute to breathing problems including asthma, bronchitis, allergies, a host of skin problems and can even be cancer forming when used repeatedly.
Playing the Will it Biodegrade Game
We played a really interesting game during the presentation where we put all the toxic cleaning products into the landfill while estimating how long they would take to bio-degrade.
We saw samples of some laundry detergents such as Tide and Ivory Snow which were still clumped in a jar and hadn’t broken down after 10 years. The Shaklee liquid laundry concentrate jar, however, was completely clear after 10 days!
If you haven’t switched to the Shaklee cleaners, now is a good time to change over. These are very economical as they are concentrates.
1 bottle of Basic H for window cleaning sells for $11.05 which equals 3200 bottles of Windex at $4.99×3200 equals $15,968.00.
If you have any experience with Shaklee cleaning supplies, I’d love to hear from you in the comments. Or if you’d like to learn a little bit more, feel free to drop me a line.
Thank you for reading!